This is preferably where I would insert a story of triumph and courage in the face of adversity.
How were they to know?
- Cutting my hair into a baby dyke cut on several occasions.
- Watching every gay/lez movie I could find in search of helpful tips.
- Befriending the few openly gay girls at school.
- Falling for one of the tough bad asses of the group only to find out she was dating another closeted friend (insert epic heartbreak here).
- Dressing like a British school boy on a regular basis.
- Falling for the same straight girl all of my male friends liked.
- Reading all of the feminist lit. and listening to all of the female, tear your panties off with my guitar, music I could find.
- Worrying if I was supposed to like my bestie just because I liked girls. (Note: This is a common newbie mistake, it's okay either way.)
- Developing crushes on and dating femme boys.
Finally my summer of love was here and this time I was not going to screw things up.